Rhubarb spikes a bitter top note as zesty fruits fizz with a citrus twist. These contrast with the sweetness of sugary tart in the base while gentle rose extract and vanilla bring to life the buttery pastry of dessert.
VANESSA PRUDENT,Master Perfumer
Our hand care, body and scented candle collection takes us to Yorkshire; home to radiant pink strands of delicious rhubarb from the iconic ‘Rhubarb Triangle’. Vivacious fruity aromas tempt the senses and are softened with gentle pink rose in delicate harmony.
“I smell the sweetness of the roses and then this subtle background of beautiful rhubarb.”
SARAH BARBER,Executive Pastry Chef
Did you know?
In earlier centuries, rhubarb was grown and traded in China for its medicinal and healing properties and only gained popularity as a food by the 19th century.
Working with renowned Executive Pastry Chef Sarah Barber, our signature gourmand fragrance is reimagined into a unique pastry tart. Brighten up your desserts and try out Sarah’s Rhubarb & Rose Truffle Dip as a finishing touch.
Rose chocolate truffles are dipped in white and red chocolate and when you twist it, the effect looks like rhubarb strands.
I smell the sweetness of the roses and then you get this subtle background of beautiful rhubarb
SARAH BARBERExecutive Pastry Chef
RHUBARB & ROSE TRUFFLE DIP
400g white chocolate
100g white coloured cocoa butter
100g red coloured cocoa butter
10-15 chocolate truffles & lollipop sticks
1. Melt the white chocolate to 40°C, remove 100g and keep aside.
2. Add the white cocoa butter to the 300g chocolate and stir well, then add the red cocoa butter to the 100g chocolate and stir well.
3. Place the red chocolate in a piping bag and pipe a criss-cross effect over the white chocolate in the bowl. Repeat this process twice.
4. Place each truffle on a lollipop stick and dip into the mix, twisting as you lift the truffle out of the chocolate to create a spiral effect.
5. Leave to set then remove from the stick. Seal the hole with a little of the chocolate in the bowl.